Litigation is costly and sometimes a messy affair that can leave the consumer emotionally and financially distraught. This highlights the importance of mediation as an alternative to arriving at a debt settlement.
Our company, Right Triangle Mediation, specialize in this area of service, and is availabe to consumers in need of a mediator in Los Angels. We save our clients thousands of dollars in debt settlement cases, and this can be done from your home as we extend our services through virtual mediation.
What exactly is mediation?
Mediation is an effective form of alternate dispute resolution, that is structured to assist the parties involved, resolve the matter without having to go to court. The process involves three parties, the defendant, the plaintiff and the third (neutral) party known as the mediator which in this case would be us, Right Triangle Mediation.
What is our role?
The mediator’s role is to facilitate a discussion that will lead to a negotiation between the parties. The aim of this negotiation is to have both parties arrive at an agreement on terms that are acceptable to both.
As the mediator we do not have the legal authority to impose a decision on any of the parties involved in the dispute.
Benefits of mediation to the consumer
There are several factors that allow mediation to be beneficial to the consumer.
• It is a flexible dispute resolution process that allows both parties to work through their differences, while executing control over the decision making process.
• Mediations are aimed at achieving a win-win result for both parties as it is not an adversarial process.
• Mediation is a private process that takes place in the confidentiality of three parties, and does not require that any of the discussions or agreements arrived at be recorded for public files. However, in many cases a settlement is filed with the court, which does become public record.
• Mediation programs saves the consumer a large sum of money they more than likely would have had to pay for litigation. You can opt to use our virtual mediation services for a flat-fee or use our traditional services.
• The parties have the option of researching mediation programs/providers, and the associated cost (or non-cost) before deciding on which service to use.
• The cost of the mediation is usually divided between both parties so that no one bears the full cost. The cost for mediation services is usually much less than $3000 in comparison to the over $30, 000 that litigation may cost the consumer.
• Mediation saves time. There are no long waits and endless reappointments and/or cancellations before the parties are heard and the discussions take place. Mediations can take place within one day or a few hours, in comparison to the possible months or years that litigation may take.
With mediation, there is no need for you to be back and forth between sessions and having to possibly take time off from work to attend numerous court sessions. Our virtual mediation service is an added benefit that results in savings on transportation costs for our clients.
Overall, through mediation we help to save the consumer from embarrassment and financial distress. By choosing mediation you wil also be saved from the possibility of long-term stand-offs and/or hostility between the you and the trader as both parties would have agreed upon the resolution to the dispute.